Going through a separation can be a stressful, sad and confusing time. Children often have feelings of guilt, anxiety, sadness, loss and anger when their parents separate.
Bethany Community Support can support children aged from four to 18 years, by providing counselling which will help them:
- Talk about family issues and explore their feelings
- Understand the changes in their family unit
- Manage their relationships with family
- Develop skills to deal with the challenges of separation
- This is a free service
- Bethany also runs post-separation parenting groups
- Call us on (03) 5278 8122 to find out how we can help
Bethany provides both a Government Funded Children’s Contact Service (CCS) and a Fee-for-Service Family Engagement Service (FES). Both services offer families an independent and neutral venue where supervised contact visits for children and young people of separated parents can occur in a safe, supportive and family-friendly environment. Our team will help parents develop goals and work towards self-management of future arrangements.
Children’s Contact Services
- To use the service both parents must agree to the program guidelines
- Children must be 12 years or younger
- There is a cost for Contact Services
- For more information, including costs, download this form
- To apply for this service, call us on (03) 5278 8122 or download, complete and return this form.
Family Engagement Service