We are very excited to announce the return of the bay 93.9 Bethany Giving Tree Appeal!
This will be the Appeal’s 19th year providing Christmas joy to vulnerable families in the Greater Geelong and Barwon regions.
There are a few ways that you can be involved in this year’s Appeal –
1: Register as a Giving Tree Host
As a Giving Tree Host you will provide a Christmas Tree for members of the public, your staff or membership base to place donations under. Bethany Community Support will distribute these donations to families experiencing hardship via our eight partner agencies.
2: Make a Donation
The bay 93.9 Bethany Giving Tree Appeal collects Christmas presents for all ages and family members. We ask that all donations are new and unwrapped when placed under a Giving Tree. It’s a great idea to have in mind the person you are purchasing for ie – a teenage boy, a single mother, a young girl etc.
Suitable gift ideas to donate are:
- store giftcards and vouchers
- items for teenagers – music vouchers, hats/caps, cinema tickets, clothing & make-up gift cards
- stationery and school items – ie backpacks, lunchboxes, drink bottles
- sporting goods and outdoor gear – ie beach equipment, towels etc
- baby items
- wrapped, non-perishable Christmas food items
Coming soon! Purchase a Giving Tree Voucher here
We are now calling for Tree hosts to register. Soon we will share a list of Giving Tree locations open to take your donations.
How does the Giving Tree Appeal Work?
Now in its 19th year, the bay 93.9 Bethany Giving Tree Appeal provides Christmas presents to children, families and individuals living in the Greater Geelong and Barwon regions experiencing hardship.
Presents placed under specially signed bay 93.9 Bethany Giving Trees are counted and sorted by Bethany Community Support.
Presents are then distributed to vulnerable families and individuals by Bethany Community Support and our eight partner agencies including:
- MacKillop Family Services
- SalvoConnect Barwon
- genU/Matchworks Employment Services
- The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre
- Barwon Child, Youth & Family
- Wathaurong Aboriginal Cooperative
- Bethany Kindergarten Services
**If you are connected to any of the above services and would like to receive gifts from the Appeal please speak to your caseworker