Setting your Fundraiser up
1. Select a fundraising activity
Once you’ve decided how you would like to fundraise, determine what is required to hold the event. Who needs to be involved, who you will ask to attend, how you will reach and communicate to your audiences, some costs to set everything up…and of course, how much you are hoping to raise.
2. Tell us about it
Before you start any fundraising for Bethany Community Support, please contact us and let us know about your plans. This way we can support you as best as we can with logos and images, but also we may be able to promote on our own marketing materials – we love sharing stories of our wonderful community supporting us! You can reach our fundraising team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on (03) 5278 8122.
3. Decide on how you will collect the money
Online Fundraising Page
We have set up a page on My Cause to help you set up your event page that you can share with your friends and family. When someone makes a donation to your fundraiser through your page, they will automatically receive a tax-deductible receipt. You will also see a running tally of all your efforts and all the donations will go directly into the Bethany Community Support account. Click here to set up your fundraiser on Bethany’s My Cause page.
If you are holding an event as part of your fundraiser, you could place Bethany Community Support fundraising tins around the room to encourage your guests to donate to. Contact us at email@example.com to access tins, or we can send you logo artwork to print and stick on your own customised envelopes etc.
Tickets to an Event
If you are selling tickets to an event and 100% of the proceeds are being donated to Bethany Community Support, you may want to set up a ticketing page on Try Booking or Eventbrite. Tickets and receipts are automatically sent to your guests upon purchase.
If you are simply collecting money directly from people, you can donate the funds directly into Bethany Community Support’s bank account or online via our Donate page [link to donate page]. Just make sure you email us to let us know you have made the donation.
Tell your friends! Spread the word far and wide! A great way to get started is by letting your friends and family know about your fundraiser on Facebook and other social media channels. If your fundraiser is an event, you might want to create an event page on Facebook and Invite your friends to join.
Hosting a virtual fundraiser
In the world we’re living in at the moment, it may not always be possible to hold your fundraising event in a face to face environment. You can still hold one however – virtually! A virtual event is one that takes place online rather than in a physical environment. Here’s how you can set up a virtual fundraiser
1. Choose your fundraising event that is suitable to host online. Here’s some ideas below:
Take on a Challenge
Set up a challenge such as walking, running, cycling, sailing a certain distance, give up something for a month or do something each day for a month – here’s where you can have fun!
Host a movie night
Select your favourite new or classic movie and host a virtual movie night with your friends and family – set up a time, date and send popcorn of course. You could ask for a donation for the amount of a movie ticket.
Hold a virtual morning or afternoon tea
Donate and catch up via one of the video platforms to connect with your friends and family. Your friends could donate the money they would normally spend at a restaurant.
Commemorate a special occasion virtually
Celebrate and connect with your friends over video and instead of gifts, ask for donations.
2. Let us know
Let Bethany know you are hosting your Fundraiser by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Set up your fundraiser
4. Raise funds and have fun!
Popular ways to go online with your friends include Zoom, Google Meets, Facetime, Messenger and Houseparty.
If you have an idea you’d like to discuss, need advice or have any questions in regards to fundraising for Bethany Community Support, please contact our Fundraising team email@example.com and we’ll get in contact!
Your Responsibility as a Fundraiser
There are a few things to consider before you begin fundraising. If you need any assistance in working through these, reach out to our fundraising team firstname.lastname@example.org and well provide you with the support you may need.
- Your fundraising activity should only begin once you have contacted our fundraising department. Only then will permission be provided for the Bethany name and logo to be used on marketing collateral.
- You must comply with obligations imposed by the Charitable Fundraising Act and applicable state/territory laws and regulations and must obtain relevant permits, authorities and licences as needed. Bethany Community Support is unable to provide insurance of any kind including public liability for your event and cannot be held responsible for any accident or injury that may result from the activity.
- The event will be conducted in the organiser’s name who will be solely responsible for managing the operational and financial components of the fundraiser.
- Any promotional material produced for the fundraising activity must clearly state the activity is raising funds to support Bethany as opposed to the activity being a Bethany managed event.
- Bethany Community Support reserves the right to terminate its support for the fundraising activity/event at any time if it appears that there is a likelihood of the organiser failing to meet any of the above responsibilities.