Financial counselling and financial wellbeing services
From time to time we can all have challenges with our finances. Sometimes it’s useful to have some advice and support to manage everything.
Bethany Community Support offers two kinds of financial support services:
- financial counselling
- financial wellbeing services
When you first get in touch with us, we’ll help you decide whether you need to see a financial counsellor, someone from our financial wellbeing team, or whether it might be useful to access both services.
If you’re specifically looking for information and support for gambling-related financial harm, visit our Gambling Harm page.
Our team can provide advice and support to help you:
- understand and manage debts, bill payments and financial commitments
- speak with your creditors to set up payment plans and query amounts owing or accounts. We can also do this on your behalf if it’s feeling overwhelming for you at the moment
- identify what you can and can’t do if you are having trouble paying debts, fines or bills
- set up and manage payment plans and personal budgets
We can also:
- negotiate on your behalf with other people and organisations about your financial situation and obligations
- provide information about government financial support options that might be available to you
- explore options and consequences to address financial difficulty e.g. debt negotiations, waivers and/or bankruptcy
How to access this service
For further information please contact our team:
Phone: (03) 5278 8122
You can also fill out this form and send it back to us, and someone from Bethany will contact you.