For some of us, gambling can become a problem. A gambling problem impacts many areas of a person’s life, including the lives of their family, friends, work colleagues, venues, and the broader community.
If you are concerned about your gambling, our team at Bethany Community Support can work with you to:
- assess your gambling
- understand the changes you can make
- take steps to regain control over your gambling
- make and maintain changes that you feel good about
We also offer support to people who are affected by somebody else’s gambling. You can access therapeutic and financial counselling.
Bethany’s Gambler’s Help program includes:
Therapeutic counselling is a place where you can talk about your experiences of gambling in a safe, confidential, and non-threatening environment. You can choose to have your session face-to-face, on a video call, or over the phone.
We have financial counsellors available to answer any questions you have about the financial aspect of your gambling, and help you access options to manage your finances. We can provide information about:
- payment plans for bills
- other debt recovery processes
- government concessions and entitlements.
Support for venues, schools and communities
Gambling can be very damaging – to individuals, families and communities. We work with communities, schools, venues and policymakers to reduce the risk of harm. Find out more information on our community and school education programs.
Download Bethany’s Gambler’s Help toolkit
Download Bethany’s Property Managers toolkit
Gambler’s Help hotline: 1800 858 858 or talk online
Support, information and counselling services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Gambling Help Online: a free service for people affected by gambling, including:
- 24-hour assistance
- information about gambling and how to seek help
- professional, confidential counselling for people impacted by gambling, including friends and families
- financial counselling
- provides a range of support services.
- VRGF School Education Program Brochure