About the role:
This is a full time ongoing role, responsible for leading and providing a practice response for the Specialist Men’s Family Violence Intake response at the Barwon Orange Door and access points across the Barwon area. This role will provide staff management and leadership in accordance with the relevant industrial instruments, regulations and agency policies and procedures ensuring alignment with Bethany’s Strategic and Operation plans.
This Team Leader role is located within the Family Violence area, which sits within the Access, Support and Family Safety Division and is responsible for the day to day operation of the Specialist Men’s Family Violence Intake response. This role plays an active role in the Barwon area’s front entry point for family violence and child and family wellbeing, working closely with other program areas, particularly Child FIRST, specialist women and children’s family violence (delivered by Barwon Sexual Assault and Family Violence Centre), Aboriginal family violence response (delivered by Wathaurong) and Community Based Child Protection Service to ensure service continuity and seamless access for families requiring support.
- Lead the Specialist Men’s Family Violence Intake service operation, including individual and team management, program implementation, monitoring and review.
- In conjunction with the Team Leader of the Specialist Men’s Services and Manager of Family Violence, coordinate the distribution, prioritisation and allocation of referrals to a secialist men’s family violence response or other appropriate service.
- Actively manage and undertake all intake functions for male family violence perpetrators who are referred to the Barwon Orange Door, including initial screening, triage, assessments, crisis response, service planning, targeted interventions, allocation and coordinated referrals consistent with the Integrated Practice Framework, Operational Guidelines, Service Specifications and relevent risk assessment tools and frameworks.
- Management of short-term responses and active hold of clients awaiting allocation to a longer-term specialist men’s family violence response.
- Work in close collaboration with the Integrated Practice Leader, Advanced Family Violence Practitioner, Service System Navigator and the Barwon Orange Door Centre Manager to ensure that an integrated and safe response is provided to all clients who access the Barwon Orange Door.
Skills and attributes:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work or equivalent or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in the specialist family violence field, particularly in provision of intake, risk assessment and case planning and in working with male perpetrators of family violence.
- Comprehensive understanding of the gendered nature of family violence and the impact for women, children and families.
- Advanced risk assessment and management skills as they relate to male perpetrators of family violence.
- Demonstrated understanding of men’s accountability work.
- Demonstrates commitment to social justice and social inclusion and advocates for clients to achieve
- Maintains a positive approach to change and adapts to new or different ways of working
What we offer:
- A diverse and inclusive environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary Packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
How to apply:
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please follow the steps below:
- Download a copy of the position description for this role. The position description includes the Key Selection Criteria that must be addressed in your application.
- Send your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria to: email@example.com by 9:00am, Friday 17 December 2021.
You must address the Key Selection Criteria to be considered for this position.
In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Please note, Bethany Community Support is an essential service, and all employees are classified as essential workers. In order to comply with the CHO directions, all employees must provide evidence of their Covid-19 vaccination.
Bethany celebrates diversity and encourages applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds and identities to apply.