Bethany Community Support has been in operation for over 150 years and has supported individuals within the community through a number of programs. We have a broad range of programs which:
- Help build better relationships
- Support the education, wellbeing and safety of children
- Support women and children affected by family violence
- Assist men who use violence to become accountable for their behavior
- Provide disability services under the NDIS
- Assist people who are experiencing homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Assist people experiencing financial stress and provide material aid
- Help those affected by problem gambling
- Support parents in their parenting role
Introduction to role:
Bethany is excited to advertise for the role of Housing Case Manager. This position is Part-Time (0.8 FTE) and fixed term until 30 June 2021. The position will be reporting to the Housing Services Team Leader. The primary purpose of this role is to provide early intervention for at risk public and community housing tenants.
- Lead strong service response for the provision housing support to identified families, couples and individuals experiencing family violence, indigenous families and families in housing crisis.
- Provide advocacy and advance practice support to families, couples and individuals with high level of complexity with support to establish and sustain tenancy, including:
- Conducting safety and risk assessments in line with MARAM Framework to determine the current and ongoing risks and service requirement for women and children who are experiencing Family Violence.
- Support and advocacy for at risk tenants at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
- Assistance with DHHS Housing transfer applications.
- Contribute to the development of a clearly articulated model for case management within the housing programs that promotes planning, coordination and sustainable assistance to those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Provide quality case consultation to Housing Workers and other professionals including stakeholders to identify pathways and key transition points that focus service users moving towards long-term stable and secure accommodation in either public housing, community housing.
Skills and Attributes:
- Case management
- Advocacy and case consultation
- Interpersonal skills
- Supports positive culture including diverse and inclusive environment
What we offer
- A diverse and inclusive workplace environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
Please submit your current resume with a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to the Manager – People & Culture via email@example.com by 9am on Monday 13 December 2020.
Bethany celebrates diversity and seeks to engage respectfully with people of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.