At Bethany we value people and build upon their strengths. We are innovative and for over 150 years we have been supporting individuals within the community by developing new ways of working to make a difference. We have a broad range of programs from providing early childhood education and care through our 22 Kindergartens, to tailored community services to support children and families wellbeing.
About the role:
Bethany is excited to advertise for the role of Senior Counsellor within our therapeutic counselling team. This is a fulltime ongoing position based in Geelong (part-time considered). This role will be responsible for providing counselling support for individuals and affected others who are experiencing gambling related harm as well as counselling for children, individuals, or families experiencing challenges in establishing, maintaining or strengthening family relationships. The role will also have the opportunity for facilitation of groups including lived experience, parenting programs, psychoeducation programs and delivery of training for professionals.
- Provide counselling and support for individuals, couples, and families experiencing gambling related harm.
- Provide counselling services for children/young people, individuals, families and couples within the context of their family to manage and enhance their relationships.
- Couples counselling
- Deliver school readiness professional development training packages for kindergarten educators
- Deliver group work and psychoeducation programs
- Mentor and support less experienced counsellors and supervise students
Capabilities and Personal Attributes
- A tertiary qualification in counselling, psychology or related behavioural sciences.
- Knowledge or experience working with addictive behaviours in a therapeutic setting.
- Experience in the facilitation and delivery of group programs for professionals and service users
- Comprehensive knowledge of child development, trauma theory, attachment theory, grief and loss and issues of a complex nature that may impact upon a child/young person’s development.
- Well-developed written, verbal and interpersonal skills
What we offer
- A diverse and inclusive environment
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning and development opportunities
How to apply
For further information contact Tracie McPherson on 03 5278 8122.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please submit your application including your resume and a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am Monday 15 March 2021.
In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Bethany celebrates diversity and seeks to engage respectfully with people of diverse experiences and backgrounds.