Full time or part time ongoing position based at Barwon Orange Door in Geelong.
This position is responsible for the provision of a practice response for the Specialist Men’s Family Violence Intake response at the Barwon Support and Safety Hub and access points across the Barwon Area. This role plays an active role in the Barwon area’s front entry point for family violence and child and family wellbeing, working closely with other program areas to ensure service continuity and seamless access for families requiring support.
The core purpose of this role is to provide intake screening, triage and assessment of all male family perpetrators who are referred to the Barwon Family Violence Support and Safety Hub. This is a key component of the statewide integrated family violence reforms and has been designed to ensure that men who choose to use violence have timely access to a full range of services through earlier intake and assessment.
- Respond to intake enquiries including but not limited to telephone, self and L17 portal referrals and secondary consult.
- Deliver screening and triage, assessment, crisis responses, service planning, target interventions, allocation and coordinated referral.
- Deliver services and support via phone and outreach at client’s home or other sites.
- Access (as required) information from the Central Information Point (CIP) to enable a stronger risk assessment of male perpetrators of family violence.
- Support the delivery of coordinated and integrated responses to children and families in need of support and to perpetrators of all forms of family violence, drawing on the Integrated Practice Framework, Hub Operational Guidelines, Service Specifications and relevant risk assessment tools and frameworks.
- Work within a specialist discipline to deliver Hub services and develop an understanding of capabilities to work safely across other areas of specialization.
Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrates commitment to social justice and social inclusion and advocates for clients to achieve
- Maintains a positive approach to change and adapts to new or different ways of working
- Demonstrates appropriate interpersonal skills, actively participates in all aspects of the role, supports colleagues and values diversity in the team.
- Models and promotes organizational values including self-awareness, self-management and social awareness in communications, problem solving and conflict resolution and promotes code of conduct.
In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria and close 5pm Wednesday 4th September 2019.
Bethany celebrates diversity and seeks to engage respectfully with people of diverse experiences and backgrounds.