Part time – (0.8EFT) 30.4 hours per week.
Bethany is excited to advertise for the role of Specialist Child and Family Practitioner located in the Orange Door. This position is fixed term for a period of 7 months and will be reporting to a Child and Family Team Leader. The core purpose of this role is to provide specialist Child FIRST responses for the protection and safety of vulnerable children and families experiencing family vulnerability including family violence and to work collaboratively with Hub practitioners to ensure an integrated service response and oversight of risk.
- Screening, triage and assessment of child and family vulnerability by applying the Best Interests Framework to promote the safety, stability, wellbeing and development of children and young people.
- Work closely with other Hub practitioners as part of an integrated service delivery team.
- Use contemporary and evidence based approaches to identify dynamic and family violence risk and child and family vulnerability.
- Provide a quality and timely intake response to Barwon Child FIRST referrals.
- Support the delivery of coordinated and integrated responses to children and families in need of support, and to perpetrators of all forms of family violence.
Skills and Attributes:
- A tertiary qualification in human services or equivalent or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of and expertise in the area of child and family welfare with knowledge of key legislation and sector reforms.
- Knowledge of the Best Interest’s Case practice model and CRAF/MARAM in undertaking dynamic risk assessments and decision-making for children, young people and families.
Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria and close 5pm Monday July 13 2020.
In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Bethany celebrates diversity and encourages applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds and identities to apply.