About the role:
Bethany is excited to advertise for the role of Specialist Child and Family Practitioner located in the Barwon Orange Door. This position is full time, ongoing, and will be reporting to a Child and Family Team Leader. The core purpose of this role is to work within an integrated model to provide specialist intake responses to empower and promote the wellbeing, protection, and safety of vulnerable children and families through assessment, referral, and community connection, and to work collaboratively with Hub practitioners to ensure an integrated service response and oversight of risk.
- Provide expert skills in screening, triage and assessment of child and family vulnerability applying the Best Interests Case Practice and MARAM Framework’s to promote the safety, stability, wellbeing, and development of children and young people
- Work closely with other Hub practitioners as part of an integrated service delivery team to undertake screening and initial assessment for child and women victims of family violence, vulnerable children and families, and perpetrators of family violence
- Use contemporary and evidence based approaches to identify family violence risk, child and family vulnerability drawing on specialist experience of working with vulnerable families
- Work collaboratively with Hub practitioners and the broader service sector to respond to families experiencing family violence and families presenting with multiple and complex needs
- Meets the Mandatory Minimum Qualifications for Family Violence Practitioners
- Knowledge of child development/attachment, BICM, MARAM, and screening and assessment of child and family vulnerability
- Advocates and champions to achieve positive change
- Demonstrates commitment to social justice and social inclusion
- Leads a culture of respectful relationships and behaviour across the organisation
What we offer:
- A diverse and inclusive environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
How to apply:
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please follow the steps below:
- Click on the position title to download a copy of the position description for this role. The position description includes the Key Selection Criteria that must be addressed in your application.
- Send your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria to: email@example.com by 9:00am Monday, 6 June 2022.
In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Please note, Bethany Community Support is an essential service, and all employees are classified as essential workers. In order to comply with the CHO directions, all employees must provide evidence of their Covid-19 vaccination.
Bethany values and celebrates diversity and is working to create a team of people who reflect the diverse community we support. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTQIA+ and culturally diverse people as well as those living with a disability and those looking to return to the workforce following a break in their career are encouraged to apply for our roles.