Part time, Fixed term – 22.8 hours per week.
Maternity Leave Position until April 2021.
Bethany Community Support Inc, is a vibrant community services organization based in Victoria that provides a broad range of prevention, intervention, support and educational services to children, young people, families and individuals.
About the role:
This is a two year maternity leave vacancy for a Senior Placement Support Case Worker within the Kinship Care Program. The core purpose of this role is to provide case management support for children and young people placed with kinship carers. The role works collaboratively with the child, extended family, carers, Child Protection and other professional to meet the case plan and day to day needs of the child.
- Work collaboratively with children, their families, the community and other professional to ensure the cultural and best interests of the children are being met
- Provide placement support and assessment during establishment phase for up to 6 months, case contracted transitional support or long term contracted case management, including the utilisation of Looking After Children (LAC), facilitating family meetings and family decision making processes that ensure optimal available supports are identified and linked in for the kinship carers
- Liaise with Child Protection and build partnerships with other relevant services to ensure the safety, wellbeing and development of the child.
To be successful in this position you must:
- Hold a tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or related with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Have an ability to engage and communicate with children, carers and their families
- Hold a strong set of case management intervention skills to best support vulnerable children
- Be prepared to work with a care team and engage the required services to meet individual children’s development needs
- Work proactively to create positive change in line with case plans and children’s aspirations
What we offer
- A diverse and inclusive environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary sacrificing
- Employee Assistance Program
For further information please contact Julie English, Manager Kinship Care and Family Services on (03) 5247 2142
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 17th July 2019.
In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Bethany celebrates diversity and seeks to engage respectfully with people of diverse experiences and backgrounds.