Bethany is excited to advertise for the role of Financial Counsellor. This position is 4 days per week (Tuesday to Friday). This position will be based in Geelong and will work within our Gambler’s Help Program. The successful applicant will be required at times to provide outreach services across all Bethany sites and financial counselling programs. The core purpose of this role is to provide a client focused, strength based financial counselling service which seeks to support and stabilise the current financial difficulties being experienced by individuals or families.
- To undertake the role of a financial counsellor including assessment and referral, negotiation and advocacy with creditors, individual, group and community financial literacy and education to improve financial wellbeing.
- To provide direct client services related to a wide range of financial issues and difficulties experienced by clients, using a developmental framework which empowers clients and strengthens their resilience
- Provide individual, group and community financial literacy workshops and education to improve financial wellbeing.
- To participant in staff development, annual performance appraisals and in-service training as required. In particular specialist training available regarding gambling harm, family violence and financial disadvantage
- To adhere to Financial Counselling Australia Ethical guidelines when working with service users.
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry for all programs and reporting to all relevant funding bodies.
Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to advise and provide financial information to families and individuals to assist in the resolution of financial issues at various levels including crisis intervention, intake and assessment and planned financial counselling.
- Demonstrated knowledge andunderstanding of relevant legislation including current practices of financial institutions, effective service delivery models and the ability to work within such frameworks
- Demonstrated knowledge of the impact and issues related to gambling harm, family violence, co-morbidities and financial disadvantage
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills, advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to generate ideas and solutions and take advantage of new and emerging opportunities.
For further information contact Tracie McPherson on 03 52788122
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 30 October 2019.
In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Bethany celebrates diversity and seeks to engage respectfully with people of diverse experiences and backgrounds.