Bethany is excited to advertise for the role of Family Worker. This role is full time and will report to the Team Leader – Family Services. The core purpose of this position is to work closely with vulnerable families using casework, case management and assertive outreach services both within the office, community and in the family’s home.
- Undertake direct work with families using casework, case management and case co-ordination both within the office, the community and in the family’s homes. This includes crisis response and long term or short term work as the need requires.
- In collaboration with families, establish family assessments, safety plans, goals and interventions to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children and empower families towards positive change.
- Work collaboratively with other programs and other relevant professionals, including where necessary Child Protection, to ensure effective service user outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with volunteers toward achieving family goals and provide case specific supervision to the volunteers.
- Maintain accurate client records in line with Agency standards and procedures, and collect complete and accurate data as required by the Agency, Department of Health and Human Services and external evaluators.
- Implement and facilitate group work programs for service users as requires
Skills and Attributes:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in social work, psychology and/or related behavioural sciences and eligibility for membership of a professional association.
- Experience working with families within a casework/case management context utilising a variety of intervention skills including experience in engaging vulnerable families through relational strategies of assertive outreach.
- A high level of knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice of case management/case work and an understanding of the issues related to families at risk, child safety and wellbeing concerns with a commitment to the strengths based and solution focus work with families.
- A high level of knowledge and understanding of family violence and the impact on children.
Applications close 5pm Monday 16 December 2019.
In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Bethany celebrates diversity and seeks to engage respectfully with people of diverse experiences and backgrounds.