Bethany is excited to advertise for the role of Family and Community Engagement Worker within the Connect Up Program. This position is full time and will be reporting to the Connect Up Team Leader. The core purpose of this role is to provide targeted early intervention responses with a focus on families with children aged 0 – 12 years. Workers are co-located across identified community platforms such as Community Hubs, school and kindergartens in high needs areas of Geelong and offer a range of community development activities as well as individual family support. Each worker is responsible for a local area to build relationships with parents and professionals and deliver place based responses meeting the local need.
- Provide a range of targeted brief and short term interventions to individual families in response to identified need including single session work, referral and liaison and in home support.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate the provision of school based activities and early years initiatives with the aim of increasing parent participation and enhancing relationships between families and schools/kindergartens including parenting programs, parent engagement programs and supported playgroups.
- Actively engage with parents, children and service providers in working together to provide an integrated and responsive service focused on building strong, sustainable and connected children, families and communities.
- Deliver group work programs and parent engagement strategies that meet the local needs and create pathways and connections for parents to increase their knowledge of their community, universal and specialist services, health and welfare services, thereby increasing capacity for self-management.
- Maintain accurate DHHS and DSS data as required by the funding body and the organisation, and participate in periodic evaluation and program performance reporting.
Skills and Attributes:
- A tertiary qualification in Early Years, Social work, Psychology or other related Behavioural sciences at degree or diploma level.
- 12 months experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, risk and needs assessment frameworks and appropriate application of these.
- Demonstrated capacity to engage with parents and families of infants/young children and knowledge and experience in providing a range of family interventions including brief intervention, in home support, case work and group work.
- High level organisational skills, the ability to work autonomously and self-manage in the context of varied and complex competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently in a co-located setting.
Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria and close 5pm Friday April 3 2020.
In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Bethany celebrates diversity and seeks to engage respectfully with people of diverse experiences and backgrounds.