About the role:
Bethany is excited to advertise for the role of Counsellor within our Therapeutic and Children’s Counselling Service. We are seeking either a skilled counsellor with experience, or a recent counselling graduate. The position will provide counselling support for individuals and affected others who are experiencing gambling related harm, and individuals, children/young people or families experiencing challenges in establishing, maintaining or strengthening family relationships.
We are seeking someone with knowledge and understanding of addictive behaviours, trauma-informed practice including an understanding of family violence, child development grief and loss and attachment theory. This position is ongoing and based in Warrnambool. Both full time and part time applications will be considered.
- Provide counselling and support for individuals and families impacted by gambling related harm
- Provide counselling support for children/young people, families, or individuals within the context of their family to manage and enhance their relationships.
- Deliver group work and psychoeducation programs
- A tertiary qualification in Counselling, Psychology, Social Work or related behavioural sciences
- An understanding of evidence based therapeutic approaches to counselling and knowledge of working with addictive behaviours in a therapeutic setting.
- Ability to provide assessments and counselling interventions.
- Knowledge of trauma theory, grief and loss and attachment theory.
What we offer:
- A diverse and inclusive environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary sacrificing
- Employee Assistance Program
How to apply:
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please follow the steps below:
- Click on the position title and download the relevant position description for the position you are interested in applying for (Counsellor or Senior Counsellor). The position description includes the Key Selection Criteria that must be addressed in your application.
- Send your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria to: email@example.com by 9:00am Friday 19 August, 2022.
Interviews to be held on Wednesday 24 August, 2022.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Chris Swain-Tran, Team Leader – Therapeutic Services on 0490 757 988.
In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Bethany values and celebrates diversity and is working to create a team of people who reflect the diverse community we support. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTQIA+ and culturally diverse people as well as those living with a disability and those looking to return to the workforce following a break in their career are encouraged to apply for our roles.