About the role:
Bethany is excited to advertise for the role of Family Preservation and Reunification Practitioner – Barwon, based in Geelong. This is a full time, ongoing position, reporting to the Team Leader – FPR. The core purpose of this role is to provide intensive wrap around case management intervention with highly vulnerable families and their children. Our approach is strengths based, child and family centred, integrating intensive assessment, care team planning, safety and risk planning, parenting strategies, to promote resilience and self-determination. This role works in partnership with parents, specialists, and universal service providers, and in conjunction with Child Protection, to support family preservation and/or reunification.
- Delivering the Family Preservation and Reunification Response providing an evidenced informed, culturally safe, rapid intensive wraparound response to meet the immediate safety and developmental needs of children and support the parenting needs of parents.
- Work within the prescribed relational model of connecting and linking families to build safety and empower and create meaningful opportunities that build upon their strengths utilising a range of evidenced informed intervention strategies including the Common Elements.
- Maintain effective risk assessment to regularly assess child safety concerns and engage with appropriate professionals to support the safety planning for children and family members. Provide court reports/evidence as required.
- Establish and lead care team in line with the agreed action plan.
- Provide families with practical and emotional support, advocacy, coaching, skill building and connection to social and economic resources and work to strengthen the family’s connection to community.
- A tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, or equivalent, with minimum of two years experience in case management.
- Comprehensive understanding of Child and Family Services, the Child Protection system, relevant legislation and court orders.
- Experience in delivering strengths based risk and needs assessments with families and managing risk.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills, and advanced written and oral communication.
What we offer:
- A diverse and inclusive environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
How to apply:
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please follow the steps below:
- Click on the position title and download a copy of the position description for this role. The position description includes the Key Selection Criteria that must be addressed in your application.
- Send your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00pm Monday 15 August, 2022.
For a confidential discussion about this position, please contact Michelle Cameron – Team Leader, FPR on: 5278 8122.
In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Bethany values and celebrates diversity and is working to create a team of people who reflect the diverse community we support. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTQIA+ and culturally diverse people as well as those living with a disability and those looking to return to the workforce following a break in their career are encouraged to apply for our roles.