About the role:
Bethany is excited to advertise for the role of Family Safety Contact Worker based at Bethany Men’s Family Violence Intervention Centre in South Geelong. This position is full time, fixed term from July 2022 – June 30 2023, and will be reporting to the Team Leader – Specialist Men’s Service. The core purpose of this role is to work with partner/s and family members of men who are undertaking a Men’s Behaviour Change Program for the purpose of risk assessment and management, information sharing and referrals and participation of the perpetrator in a program.
- Manage and report upon the current risk and safety of each woman who has an ex/partner currently attending relevant Men’s Program
- Undertake comprehensive risk assessment and risk management in accordance with MARAM framework
- Provide telephone counselling and supported referral management
- Provide information and referral to women and children as needed
- Develop and review safety plans with women and children
- A relevant tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, and/or related behavioural sciences at degree or diploma level
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in family violence field, demonstrated particularly in provision of phone based support
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, databases and knowledge of a range of IT programs
- Maintains a positive approach to change and adapts to new or different ways of working
- Models and promotes organisational values including self-awareness, self-management and social awareness in communications, problem solving and conflict resolution and promotes code of conduct
What we offer:
- A diverse and inclusive environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
How to apply:
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please follow the steps below:
- Click on the position title and download a copy of the position description for this role. The position description includes the Key Selection Criteria that must be addressed in your application.
- Send your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria to: email@example.com by 9:00am Monday 4 July, 2022.
For a confidential discussion about the position please contact Kristy Berryman, Manager Family Violence on 0455 510 993.
In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Please note, Bethany Community Support is an essential service, and all employees are classified as essential workers. In order to comply with the CHO directions, all employees must provide evidence of their Covid-19 vaccination.
Bethany values and celebrates diversity and is working to create a team of people who reflect the diverse community we support. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTQIA+ and culturally diverse people as well as those living with a disability and those looking to return to the workforce following a break in their career are encouraged to apply for our roles.