Full Time, Fixed Term to 30 June 2021
Bethany Community Support has been in operation for over 150 years and has supported individuals within the community through a number of programs. We have a broad range of programs which:
- Help build better relationships
- Support the education, wellbeing and safety of children
- Support women and children affected by family violence
- Assist men who use violence to become accountable for their behavior
- Provide disability services under the NDIS
- Assist people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Assist people experiencing financial stress and provide material aid
- Help those affected by problem gambling
- Support parents in their parenting role
About the Role:
Bethany is excited to advertise for the role of Specialist Family Violence Caseworker. This position is full time, fixed-term until 30 June 2021 and will be reporting to the Team Leader, Specialist Women’s and Children’s Services within the Family Violence Program. The core purpose of this role is to provide a specialist case management responses for the protection and safety of women and children experiencing family violence.
- Conduct comprehensive safety and risk assessments in line with the MARAM to determine current and ongoing risk to women and children experiencing family violence.
- Fully consider the needs of women and children who have experienced or witnessed family violence and provide an effective case management response.
- Partner with Specialist Men’s Services, Family Safety Contact and the Support and Safety Hub to ensure an integrated service response for women and children
To be successful in this role you must:
- Hold a relevant tertiary qualification in social work, psychology or related behavioural science.
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in the family violence field, demonstrated particularly in the provision of case management crisis intervention and/or therapeutic interventions for women and children
- Hold and maintain a satisfactory police record and a valid working with children check
What we offer
- A diverse and inclusive environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary sacrificing
- Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity please click the apply now box and include a resume, cover letter and statement addressing the key selection criteria. Applications close 5.00pm Friday 7 August 2020.
Please email applications to email@example.com
In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Bethany celebrates diversity and encourages applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds and identities to apply.