About the role:
Bethany is excited to advertise for the role of Specialist Men’s Family Violence Practitioner, based at Bethany Men’s Family Violence Intervention Centre in South Geelong. The core purpose of this role is to provide preparation, coordination, and facilitation of group work programs for men who perpetrate violence. Assessment, risk assessment, case management and secondary consults with male perpetrators is also part of the role. We have multiple positions available, both fixed term (until 30 June 2023) and ongoing opportunities. The positions are full time, and require regular after hours work.
- Provide case management support to men referred via assessment outcomes, Community Corrections or the Family Preservation Reunification program
- Assist with preparation, coordination and completion of group work programs
- Provide group readiness sessions as appropriate for men who are experiencing issues beyond the scope of the group or not ready to enter group
- Undertake comprehensive risk assessments and risk management in accordance with MARAM and the Framework for Comprehensive Assessment in Men’s Behaviour Change Programs and Men’s Case Management
- Facilitate group work programs for men who perpetrate violence
- A relevant tertiary undergraduate degree in social work, psychology, counselling or a related subject
- A graduate diploma or graduate certificate qualification in Client Assessment and Case Management (Men’s Family Violence) or willingness to undertake this course
- Demonstrated experience in the specialist family violence field including facilitation of group work programs, completion of risk assessments and experience working with male perpetrators of family violence
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a willingness to actively participate in all aspects of the role, supports colleagues and values diversity in the team
What we offer:
- A diverse and inclusive environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary sacrificing
- Employee Assistance Program
How to apply:
To apply for these exciting opportunities, please follow the steps below:
- Click on the position title and download a copy of the position description for this role. The position description includes the Key Selection Criteria that must be addressed in your application.
- Send your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria to: email@example.com by 9:00am Monday 4 July, 2022.
For a confidential discussion about the position please contact Kristy Berryman, Manager Family Violence on 0455 510 993.
In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Please note, Bethany Community Support is an essential service, and all employees are classified as essential workers. In order to comply with the CHO directions, all employees must provide evidence of their Covid-19 vaccination.
Bethany values and celebrates diversity and is working to create a team of people who reflect the diverse community we support. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTQIA+ and culturally diverse people as well as those living with a disability and those looking to return to the workforce following a break in their career are encouraged to apply for our roles.