Saver Plus is a matched savings and financial education program which is offered locally by Bethany Community Support. Saver Plus assists individuals and families on lower incomes to build their savings for educational costs and improve their financial management skills.
- Matches savings for education costs dollar-for-dollar up to $500
- Includes fun and informal financial education workshops
- Provides assistance and support to establish a savings goal and develop a savings habit
Participants make regular deposits towards a savings goal over a 10-month period and attend workshops to build their financial management skills. When participants reach their savings goal, ANZ matches the amount – up to $500 – towards education costs including uniforms, text books, laptops, sports equipment, music tuition, TAFE or apprenticeship costs, and much more.
This is a free program however there is eligibility criteria
The eligibility is as follows:
- Be 18 years and over
- Have a child at school or starting next year, or attend vocational education yourself
- Have regular income from paid employment (you or your partner)
- Have a current Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card
- Be in receipt of an eligible Commonwealth social security benefit, allowance or payment
Please ring 1300 610 355 to enquire
Other financial support resources
Online financial counselling information is available from the National Debt Helpline website.
Telephone financial counselling information is available through the National Debt Helpline: 1800 007 007.