We support an inclusive environment where people of all genders and ages, people living with a disability, First Nations people and people from LGBTI and CALD communities feel empowered to share their experiences and ideas; knowing that these will be valued and respected. Our staff are well-informed and sensitive to lived experiences. They understand the complexities and challenges people face when accessing services. We are committed to working with you to understand your needs.
Financial counsellors provide advice and support to clients in understanding and exercising their rights and responsibilities in relation to debt recovery, payment of bills and government concessions and entitlements.
As well as providing services within Warrnambool and surrounds, the financial counselling program also provides a regular outreach service to Portland, Hamilton, Terang and Corangamite.
Bethany Community Support also has a Financial Counsellor based in Horsham to service the Wimmera.
Assistance can be provided in the following ways:
- Identify what you can / can’t do if you are having trouble paying debts, fines or bills
- Outline your rights and obligations in relation to debts
- Organise and implement payment plans
- Assist with personal budgets
- Negotiate on your behalf with other parties about your financial situation
- Provide information about government financial support program eligibility
- Assess your options in relation to your financial position
- Provide information about bankruptcy.
This program is in high demand, and as such priority is based on personal circumstances.
This service is free of charge.
For further information or to speak with an Intake Worker please contact:
Phone: 03) 5278 8122
Alternatively complete this form