When gambling is no longer fun or entertaining, it can signal a serious and stressful issue. Gambling can become a problem not only for the person gambling, but for the people around them, such as family, friends and work colleagues.
If your gambling habits, or those of someone you know, have become a problem for you then there are steps you can take to address the issue.
Bethany Community Support staff will work with you to reduce the impact of problem gambling and develop strategies to prevent further harm.
Bethany provides services across the South West region, including:
- Counselling for people experiencing problem gambling
- Counselling for those who are affected by someone else’s problem gambling
- Financial counselling to help you better manage your finances
- These services are free
- Counselling is confidential
- Call us on (freecall) 1300 510 439, email: gamblershelpintakeGSC@bethany.org.au or complete this form
More gambler’s help information and resources:
Call the Gambler’s Help 24 hour helpline on: 1800 858 858.
Visit the Gambling Help Online website for counselling and support services.
The Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation provides a range of support services.
Bethany staff visit gambling venues in the region to provide training for staff, and to act as a link between gaming venues and counselling and support services.
Bethany works closely with a wide range of community groups, including schools, providing education about how to recognise and help problem gamblers.