The Geelong Father of the Year Award is a partnership between Bethany Community Support, the Rotary Club of Geelong and the Geelong Advertiser.
The Award invites children to explain why they believe their father – or any special man in their life – deserves the title of Geelong’s Father of the Year.
This is a unique celebration of the special role that men play in families and the community, as viewed through the eyes of children. Each year we receive hundreds of nominations from children representing schools across the Greater Geelong region.
Children are encouraged to consider the values of positive role models, and think about how their ‘special bloke’ is respectful and caring.
The 2017 Award winner – Andrew Fratantaro – was announced a breakfast event held on 31 August.
Andrew received a fantastic prize package which included:
- A family holiday to the Gold Coast valued at $2,500, donated by the Rotary Club of Geelong
- A family rail pass donated by V/Line
- A year’s supply of men’s socks from SIRSOCK
- A family portrait thanks to Geelong Advertiser
- A $200 savings account for the child who writes the winning nomination, thanks to Bendigo Bank
Thank you to our partners:
The Rotary Club of Geelong and the Geelong Advertiser
We acknowledge the kind support of our principal sponsor:
Geelong Connected Communities
And our supporters:
Geelong Football Club
Maxwell Collins Real Estate