Bethany Kindergarten Services (BKS) are “buzzing” with excitement to introduce a new mascot the Bethany Bee.
BKS Executive Manager Anneliese Knell said “the hardworking and environmentally friendly Bee was the perfect choice to help further promote early childhood education”.
“Bees are vital to our precious ecosystem and symbolise a healthy environment. Bees are known to be social and they work together in their hive – just like the children learn and play together at our kindergartens,” she said.
BKS introduced the Bethany Bee to the public in May during Education Week at Kirralee Kindergarten and Breakwater Preschool’s Open Days.
The Bethany Bee will play an important role to ensure the BKS brand is recognisable to the children and help them develop their sense of place at their BKS kindergarten.
Why a Bee?
- Bees a vital to our precious ecosystem and symbolise a healthy environment
- Bees are hard workers and children are often described as “busy little bees”
- Bees can be associated with education ie “Spelling Bee”
- Bees are known to be social, they interact with each other and work as a team in their hive
- Bees are precious, sweet, strong, smart and important – just like children
- Bees are territorial, loyal, fiercely protective of their hive and their friends and will sting if they are threatened. They need to be treated gently and with respect.