We support an inclusive environment where people of all genders and ages, people living with a disability, First Nations people and people from LGBTI and CALD communities feel empowered to share their experiences and ideas; knowing that these will be valued and respected. Our staff are well-informed and sensitive to lived experiences. They understand the complexities and challenges people face when accessing services. We are committed to working with you to understand your needs.
Bethany Community Support runs supported playgroups as part of our Connect Up program, a local service that supports families to help their children thrive.
Connect Up supported playgroups provide a safe, welcoming space for parents, caregivers and preschool children to come together to:
- share quality time together
- encourage children to learn through play in a group environment.
Where and when can I attend a Connect Up supported playgroup?
Bethany is currently running supported playgroups in partnership with local schools, kindergartens and communities at the following locations:
Northern Bay College
- Hendy P-8 Campus – (38 Hendy St, Corio)
Fridays 9.00am – 10.30am
Key contact- Jay 0491 097 923
- Peacock P-8 Campus (33-35 Peacock Ave, Norlane)
Wednesdays 9am – 10.30am
Key contact – Amelia 0448 363 315
- Wexford P-8 Campus (Korayn Birralee Centre – Purnell Road)
Thursdays 9.30am – 10.30am
Key contact –Robyn 0439 401 853
- Northern Bay Family Centre (3-25 Goldworthy Road, Corio)
Mondays 9.30am – 11.00am
Key contact – Natalie 0418788432
- Geelong East Primary School (184 Boundary Rd, Geelong)
Fridays 9.30am – 11.30am
Key contact – Silvana 0447 108 582
- Bell Park North Primary School (16-26 Barton Street, Bell Park)
Tuesdays 9.00am – 10.30am
Key contact – Miranda 0409 643 709
- Do I need to pay to attend a supported playgroup?
No, attending a Connect Up supported playgroup is free.
- Is my family eligible for a Connect Up supported playgroup?
Connect Up supported playgroups are available to all families with preschool children who are part of the community where a Connect Up supported playgroup is located.
- Can the playgroup facilitator help link me with other services?
Yes, Connect Up workers can help identify other services that may be useful for you. We can also help you contact and connect with other services and make introductions.
- Do I need to bring anything to the supported playgroup?
Supported Playgroups encourage healthy habits for children, so we ask families to bring a bottle of water and a piece of fruit for each child they bring to the playgroup.