We support an inclusive environment where people of all genders and ages, people living with a disability, First Nations people and people from LGBTI and CALD communities feel empowered to share their experiences and ideas; knowing that these will be valued and respected. Our staff are well-informed and sensitive to lived experiences. They understand the complexities and challenges people face when accessing services. We are committed to working with you to understand your needs.
Bethany Community Support offers Men’s Behaviour Change Programs and Men’s Case Management to men who have used family violence.
The Men’s Behaviour Change Program is a program for adult men who have used violent or controlling behaviours towards women and/or children.
The Men’s Behaviour Change Program aims to:
- Encourage men to take responsibility for their use of family violence
- Provide an opportunity for men to explore attitudes and beliefs that may influence their use of violence
- Increase men’s understanding of the impact of their use of family violence on their partners and/or children
- Assist men in making changes towards developing safe and respectful relationship with their partners and children
Call us on (03) 5278 8122 to find out more
In an emergency call 000
Men’s Case Management provides support and assistance to men who have used family violence against their partner and/or children and have been excluded from the family home. This service aims to assist men in stabilising their lives, whilst addressing their use of family violence.
- This is a free service
- Call us on (03) 5278 8122 to find out more
Support for men is also available through:
- Men’s Referral Service: 1300 766 491
- Men’s Line: 1300 78 99 78 (24 hours)
Bethany Men’s Family Violence Intervention Centre
The Men’s Family Violence Intervention Centre provides a coordinated response, designed to increase accountability and visibility of men who choose to use violence in their relationships. The innovative service is informed by cutting-edge research and emerging practice, and provides a coordinated, cross-sector response to male perpetrators of family violence.
The services offered at the Centre complement, and work in close partnership with, other family violence services and resources offered in the region, including at The Orange Door.
- Bethany Men’s Family Violence Intervention Centre is located at 9B Strong Street, South Geelong, VIC 3220
- For more information, please call us on (03) 5278 8122