Family Services aims to provide an enhanced family support service to vulnerable families.
Family Services promotes the safety, stability and development of children and young people whilst supporting parents and carers in their role.
Family Services can provide support with
- Strengthening the parent and child relationship
- Emotional and practical support and guidance
- Referral to other specialised services as required
- Support with child and adolescent behaviours
- Support family connections to the community
- Parenting support, empowerment and advocacy
Eligibility extends to all families with children aged 0-17 years living in the following areas: Warrnambool City Council, Southern Grampians Shire, Moyne Shire and Glenelg Shire who feel they would benefit from the service.
To access Family Services, you or someone on your behalf can contact Child FIRST on 1300 543 779.
Homeless Children’s Specialist Support Service
The Homeless Children’s Specialist Support Service aims to provide a flexible response to improve outcomes for children experiencing homelessness. The service works to support parents experiencing homelessness by assisting them to resolve the support issues of their children. This is achieved through case management support to access mainstream and specialist support resources.
Eligibility for the program is open to families with children in the South West region who are experiencing homelessness, and are currently supported by a homelessness support agency. Families are referred to Bethany by the supporting agency and are encouraged to request this support if required.
Enquiries regarding the program can be directed to SWReception@bethany.org.au
or please call the Warrnambool Bethany office on 5564 0700.
Families at Risk of Homelessness
The Service aims to:
- Support families with additional needs who have exited the homeless service system into long term housing such as public, community or private rental accommodation.
- Establish and maintain safe and successful tenancies.
- Link families and children into a range of community supports and resources.
- Reduce the impact which homelessness has on families and children.
- Reduce the likelihood of eviction and hence the likelihood of families re-entering the Homelessness Service System.
What does the FAR Service provide?
- A flexible and intensive support period of 1-12 months within a family orientated case management framework.
- Assistance to link family members to mainstream and specialist supports such as: education, training, employment, recreation, financial counselling and medical support.
- Access to brokerage funds to meet case management goals, where other opportunities to meet these goods and services are not available.
Who is eligible?
Families with children in the South West region who:
- Are about to, or have recently, exited the Homelessness Service System (eg. Youth and Adult Entry Points, crisis and transitional housing)
- Have secured long-term housing (public housing, private rental, Aboriginal housing, social housing)
- Have some support needs
- Require ongoing support to establish and maintain housing
Accessing the Service:
For referral please contact SWReception@bethany.org.au, or call the Warrnambool Bethany office on 5564 0700.