When gambling is no longer fun or entertaining, it can signal a serious and stressful issue. Gambling can become a problem not only for the person gambling, but for the people around them, such as family, friends and work colleagues.
If your gambling habits, or those of someone you know, have become a problem, there are steps you can take to address the issue. Bethany Community Support staff will work with you to reduce the impact of problem gambling and develop strategies to prevent further harm.
- Counselling for people experiencing problem gambling
- Counselling for those who are affected by someone else’s problem gambling
- Financial counselling to help you better manage your finances
- Information sessions for individuals, couples, families and friends who are concerned about the impacts of gambling. Find out more about these sessions by downloading the following fliers:
- These services are free
- Counselling is confidential
- Call us on (03) 5278 8122 to find out how we can help you, or complete this form
More gambler’s help information and resources:
Call the Gambler’s Help 24 hour helpline on: 1800 858 858.
Visit the Gambling Help Online website for counselling and support services.
The Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation provides a range of support services.
Bethany staff visit gambling venues in the region to provide training for staff, and to act as a link between gaming venues and counselling and support services.
Bethany works closely with a wide range of community groups, including schools and sporting groups, providing education about how to recognise and help problem gamblers.
- For more information, call us on (03) 5278 8122
Savers Plus is a matched savings and financial education program which is offered locally by Bethany Community Support. Eligible families can receive up to $500 in matched funds that can be used towards educational items.
Saver Plus assists individuals and families on lower incomes to build their savings for educational costs and improve their financial management skills.
- This is a free program
- There is eligibility criteria
- Please call us on (03) 5278 8122 to register your interest or find out more